Welcome to Aoife's Notes
Junior & Leaving Cert Revision Books.
I have written four revision books for Junior and Leaving Certificate English, all published by educate.ie. Below is a description of each book, as well as a link to the educate.ie page where you can buy the book online.
Revision Works for Junior Certificate English
This student-frienly book covers all parts of the course and is the ideal companion to effective study.
- Covers every aspect of Paper 1 and Paper 2 in detail - from writing and media studies to drama, poetry and fiction.
- Layout of the examination is explained and suggested times are given for each question. This familiarises students with the examination paper, and aids them in their timekeeping.
- Shows students exactly what type of questions to expect in both papers, and helps them prepare for each option.
- Comprehensive and detailed notes on a number of different poems, ensuring that students can answer any question in this section.
- Step-by-step guidelines to answering questions, along with numerous detailed model answers.
- Accessible and clear design ensures students' revision is organised, easy and productive.
Click here to visit the educate.ie page for this book
Nifty Notes - Sive, How Many Miles to Babylon and Home Before Night:
These books introduce students to Sive, How Many Miles to Babylon and Home Before Night in a way that will increase their understanding and enjoyment of these texts.
- Provides Leaving Cert students with the tools to address any question put to them on the text.
- Plot summary and analysis enable students to revise the text quickly and efficiently.
- Extensive notes on each of the main characters are organised under easy-to-learn headings.
- Step-by-step guidelines to answering the Single Text questions, along with model answers from past examinations, are provided.
- All the comparative modes for Higher and Ordinary levels are covered in detail, making these books relevant for years to come.
- Vivid illustrations throughout bring the world of the text to life.
Click on one of the images below to go to the educate.ie page for that book.